Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Employment Proposition

After toning circle at the library tonight, Sarah and I were bad and we went to Sonic for greasy burgers and fried things. While placing my order, I started to tell them I wanted a Sonic Size tater tot, buy interrupted myself and asked, "What are the sizes on the tots again?" The guy responded, "Small, medium or large." I said, "Yeah that's right. I used to work at Sonic back when there was a Sonic Size. I'll take a large." The guy said something about working for them for like 16 years and I shared a smidge of my history, mostly explaining that working there made me very particular about how I liked some things, and I went on with the order. The carhop delivered and we were tearing into the bag o tasty and the manager, who was the guy on the speaker, came out and we chatted some more. I showed him my flare I still have in my car. Then he was all like "So what are you doing now?" and "We are always looking for enthusiastic people with experience." I told him my only hold ups would be my availibility only within daycare hours and time off for the vaca back home, which he eagerly told me he could work around all that and said I should roll back by and fill out an app sometime. I asked him to grab me one and told him I would chat with the hubby. Hub's response was something along the lines of, "remember how picky you are about the way things are ran and the people you work with." I probably got my store manager and assistant manager fired for taking out the 16 year old carhops and getting them trashed on school nights when they were tellig their mommies they were working when I was the only one there. Maybe I was a little antsy with the carhop/fountain division in Winfield that was causing food to just sit on the trays while people inside stood around with their thumbs up their ass. I may have been pissed off at the last Sonic I worked at because I was making less than when I started four years before that, so I just stopped showing up when they refused to try and get me more. In theory, if this dude has been working for Sonic for 16 years, he should know how to operate the store by now. I think I will go in and chat with him sometime

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment